MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect
Matroska files under
Linux, other Unices and Windows.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my
Matroska tools are officially available. I urge you to download the
software, use it and report any errors you encounter to me. I'm
always grateful for good bug reports
because I make mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your
feedback is important to me :)
More Matroska related news can be found in my blog.
- 15 Apr 2018: The layout for my Debian and Ubuntu APT repositories has changed. You'll have to update your
sources.list entries. Read more
about that here.
- 12 Apr 2018: Dropped support for Fedora 25 and Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty Zappus".
- 1 Apr 2018: Released v22.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 24 Feb 2018: Released v21.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 23 Jan 2018: Dropped support for openSUSE 42.2.
- 15 Jan 2018: Released v20.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 17 Dec 2017: Added a repository for Fedora 27.
- 17 Dec 2017: Released v19.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 16 Dec 2017: The project's source code repository, bug tracker and wiki have been moved to GitLab.
- 18 Nov 2017: Released v18.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 20 Oct 2017: Added binaries for Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark". Dropped support for Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak".
- 14 Oct 2017: Released v17.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 30 Sep 2017: Released v16.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 19 Aug 2017: Released v15.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 10 Aug 2017: Dropped support for Fedora 24.
- 30 Jul 2017: Added binaries for openSUSE Leap 42.3.
- apt repository changes: my apt repositories for Debian and Ubuntu are available both via HTTP and HTTPS. However, I will disable the (unencrypted)
HTTP access at the end of August. Make sure to update your
sources.list entries to
https://mkvtoolnix.download/…. You may have
to install the
apt-transport-https package, too.
- 23 Jul 2017: Released v14.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 12 Jul 2017: Added a repository for Fedora 26 for future releases (MKVToolNix v13.0.0 is already included in Fedora 26).
- 25 Jun 2017: Released v13.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 20 Jun 2017: Added binaries for Debian 9 "stretch".
- 20 May 2017: Released v12.0.0 (NEWS.md).
- 20 May 2017: Dropped support for openSUSE Leap 42.1.
- 22 Apr 2017: Released v11.0.0 (NEWS.md).